As the Mystical Body of Christ, the Church is a communion and by grace we desire to be with one another as we are built up by the Holy Spirit. Public Masses will begin again at the Chapel in a phased approach beginning with the Vigil Mass of Pentecost on May 30.
PLEASE NOTE WELL: The dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation will continue for the foreseeable future. Cardinal Seán strongly encourages people in vulnerable populations, especially the elderly and those with complicating physical conditions, to continue to watch Mass from their homes. Live-streamed Masses at St. Clement Shrine can be viewed here.
The Chapel will open in phases. In Phase 1 the schedule will be different along with the protocols we need to safely gather as the disciples of Christ. Please be sure to watch the video on the front page to learn about the current protocols necessary to maintain a healthy environment.
FOR DIRECTIONS TO THE CHAPEL INSIDE THE PRUDENTIAL CENTER MALL, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Please see this important video from the Archdiocese of Boston to understand the temporary protocols.
How to Prepare for Mass:
- It must be remembered that the obligation to attend Sunday Mass is still dispensed. No one is required to come. If you are feeling ill you must not come. If you are 60 or older or have an underlying medical condition, you are encouraged to remain home for the foreseeable future. While we have made and continue to make every effort to reduce the risk of viral spread, it is important to know that THERE IS STILL A RISK IN ATTENDING PUBLIC MASS.
- You must bring your own mask and wear it while in the Prudential Center Mall and in the Chapel at all times.
- You must bring your own disinfectant wipes if you desire. Disinfection of the chapel takes place frequently and in-between each Mass but having your own materials is extra precaution.
- Please wash your hands before you come to Mass
- WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US WITH MASS PREPARATION AT THIS TIME. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE WILLING. GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR CHARITY
What to Expect at the Chapel:
- There are directional arrows and social distancing markers throughout the Chapel. Please follow every social distancing (6 feet) requirement and all directional arrows.
- There will be ushers at the Chapel to help you with direction as you enter.
- The Chapel may only hold 30 seats at this time. A reservation system is in place (SIGN UP). Please utilize the reservation system to ensure you will have a seat at Mass. Families may sit together but all others must maintain 6 feet apart. The pews are marked with blue tape to designate where a person may sit. Every other pew in the Chapel is blocked off. If open spaces remain unreserved, we will welcome the faithful on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Liturgical Protocols:
- Please remain in your pews during the whole Mass except during Communion.
- There will be no congregational singing at Mass. All Mass parts will be spoken. Only the cantor will sing.
- The will be no normal offertory collection. We thank you for your generous support of the Chapel and ask that you utilize digital means of giving as much as possible. If you wish, you may make an offertory when you reserve your place for Mass. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE A DONATION WHEN YOU RESERVE A PLACE. MAKE SURE YOU SELECT “PAY LATER” AS YOUR OPTION. If you must use cash or check, a basket will be available for you to drop your offering into as you leave after Mass.
- Please DO NOT WEAR GLOVES FOR MASS AND ESPECIALLY NOT FOR COMMUNION.
We know these are extraordinary times and we are so grateful for the sacrifices you make to assist us in this time. God bless you for your charity and patience.
The Schedule for Phase 1:
To reserve a place at Mass, please visit here.
Until further notice:
8:00am in English
9:15am in English
10:30am in English
11:45am en Espanol
1:15pm en Espanol
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY MASSES
8:0Oam in English
12:05pm in English
9:00am in English
12:00pm in English
4:00pm Vigil Mass in English
5:30pm Vigil Mass en Espanol
Monday – Friday from 8:30am until 11:45am
Saturday from 9:30am until 11:45am and from 12:30pm until 3:30pm
Sunday upon request and availability of the priests
The Chapel will be open from 7:45am till 1pm Monday through Friday.
On Saturday the Chapel will open at 8:45am and close at the conclusion of the 5:30pm Mass.
On Sunday the Chapel will be open from 7:45am and close at the conclusion of the 1:15 Mass.