Register today for our new virtual workshop, “Overcoming Spiritual Discouragement in the Teaching of Venerable Bruno Lanteri.”
Based on the popular book by Fr. Timothy Gallagher, OMV, the workshop offers a message of hope and a path to joy for anyone struggling with their faith journey.
By drawing on the teachings of OMV founder Ven. Lanteri, you’ll learn how to move past spiritual obstacles without shame and build a relationship with the Lord based on love and mercy.
About the Virtual Workshop
This online workshop is open to everyone and provided through a ten-part, self-paced video series hosted by Fr. Gallagher. Over the course of the workshop, we’ll explore letters written between Ven. Lanteri and his spiritual directees:
- Gabriella Solaro della Margarita, a grieving mother to whom he offers spiritual solace
- Sister Leopolda Mortigliengo, who was discouraged by living a religious life in difficult circumstances
- Leopoldo Ricasoli, a well-educated and influential layman living all the joys and sorrows of family life
Once you sign up, you’ll begin to receive weekly emails with a video to watch. You’ll also gain access to a workshop page where all 10 lessons can be viewed at any time.
Meet Father Gallagher, OMV
Father Timothy M. Gallagher was ordained in 1979 as a member of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary. Having obtained his doctorate in 1983 from the Gregorian University, he has taught (St. John’s Seminary, Brighton, MA; Our Lady of Grace Seminary Residence, Boston, MA), assisted in formation work, and served two terms as provincial in his own community. He has dedicated many years to an extensive international ministry of retreats, spiritual direction, and teaching about the spiritual life.
He is a frequent speaker on EWTN, and his digitally recorded talks are utilized internationally. He has written eight books on Ignatian discernment and prayer, a biography of Venerable Bruno Lanteri, and a book on the Liturgy of the Hours.
He currently holds the St. Ignatius Chair for Spiritual Formation at St. John Vianney Theological Seminary in Denver.
About His Book
Published in 2019, Fr. Gallgher’s Overcoming Spiritual Discouragement: The Wisdom and Spiritual Power of Venerable Bruno Lanteri offers readers a roadmap for leaving the darkness and rediscovering spiritual joy despite the challenges put in our way by the enemy.
“Wonderful and practical resource for building a stronger prayer life. During this pandemic, all Christians need support and encouragement. This book is not just for Catholics. Any Christian that desires a closer daily walk with Christ and to help others can benefit. It is an easy and slow read. I find myself taking notes and looking up the scriptures. Most highly recommend!”Amazon Review
Enhance Your Experience with a Premium Pass
For a one-time payment of $29, a workshop premium pass offers you a way to enhance and more deeply connect with the workshop’s core teachings.
- Receive a physical copy of the Overcoming Spiritual Discouragement book by Fr. Gallagher
- Get a downloadable resource with recommended readings and a related self-guided study
- Access an additional two-part video series with Fr. Gallagher about Venerable Bruno Lanteri’s spiritual direction
- Join a virtual Q&A on November 10th, 2021 (starting at 8:00 p.m. EST) with Fr. Gallagher to discuss topics related to the workshop, with a recording available after the live event