Andreas Widmer gives a behind-the-scenes look into Pope John Paul II and reveals how those memories shaped and forged his success as a corporate executive. In what papal biographer George Weigel calls a powerful example of leadership at work, Widmer recounts his personal experiences serving Blessed Pope John Paul II in the Swiss Guard, and the secrets of successful leadership that he learned at the feet of the great pope.
The Pope & the CEO: John Paul II’s Leadership Lessons to a Young Swiss Guard is a guidebook for people seeking to integrate faith into all aspects of their lives—particularly their professional work. Inspired by the role Pope St. John Paul II played in the life of Andreas Widmer, a former Swiss Guard, The Pope & the CEO outlines key principles of successful leadership for executives, CEOs, entrepreneurs, small business owners, or any leader in the workplace.
The topics explored in The Pope & the CEO include:
- The Importance of Vocation
- The Power of Prayer
- Ethics and the Human Person
- Exercising Your Free Will
- Bridging the Paradox of Planning for the Future yet Living in the Present
- The Value of Cultivating and Synchronizing Talent
- The Testimony of Right Action
- All Things in Moderation
- Intentional Humility and Poverty