Our story began when three friends, priests from a small town in Archdiocese of Turin, Italy, felt a call from the Lord to do something about the rampant loss of faith following the French Revolution. They wanted to start a revolution of a very different kind, “a new evangelization,” one filled with hope.
“Working toward a rebirth of spirituality in today’s world”
Together with Venerable Bruno Lanteri, they formed a new religious community, the Oblates of the Virgin Mary. With Lanteri as the Founder, this community had a vision of deepening their friendship with God and bridging the gap that exists between what is believed in faith and what is lived in daily life.
A Rebirth of Spirituality
As sons of Mary and Lanteri, we share the same vision today. In a world where there is uncertainty, skepticism and a lack of faith, we embody the hope which works toward a rebirth of spirituality in today’s world. This rebirth is found in five words: Mercy, Mary, Fidelity, Discernment, and Zeal.
- Mercy, dedicating ourselves to the sacrament of confession and being merciful instruments of God’s grace.
- Mary, imitating her who teaches us what it means to follow Christ.
- Fidelity, being faithful to the Church who is our spiritual mother and teaches us what is true, beautiful and good.
- Discernment, applying the Spiritual Exercises in discerning God’s spirit and will.
- Zeal, having a heart on fire for God and his people in bringing the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The vision of Lanteri lives on today: one life makes a difference. As Oblates, our desire is to make a difference for Christ with a serving heart for others.